Welcome to the Nevada Center for Civic Education Fundraising Toolkit
You can fundraise for the Nevada Center for Civic Engagement and host any kind of event you like from a neighborhood barbecue, to a weekend walk or 5K walk/run. You can even dedicate a walk to the Nevada State Capitol, Carson City or your climb up Mt. Kilimanjaro to the Nevada Center for Civic Engagement. Setting up a fundraising page is super easy and a great way for you to get together with members of your community and help raise funds for a great cause. Sharing a fundraising page as a team will help you tremendously in your fundraising efforts!
Once you’ve registered for your own fundraising page, you can edit your page to talk about your reasons for supporting the Nevada Center for Civic Engagement. You can make it your own unique fundraising page.
Tell your story. For instance, did the We The People program change your life in some significant way? Tell others about it and shout it from the rooftops, we mean, post it on your personal fundraising page and be sure to let your friends and family know how they can support your participation in fundraising for the Nevada Center for Civic Engagement to support programs like We The People: The Citizen and the Constitution, James Madison Legacy Project and Project Citizen where all funds raised stay right here in the State of Nevada to support these programs at the local and state levels.
Funds that you or your team raise will help the Nevada Center for Civic Education to continue our to strengthen our collective ability to develop responsible citizens through civic education programs and promote active engagement in representative government in our community through peer-to-peer support, public education, and advocacy.
How to Raise $500 in 7 Days!
To download a document, please right click and click “Save As” to save the document to your hard drive for use in fundraising for the Nevada Center for Civic Engagement.
Did you know you can start a fundraising campaign right on Facebook? Simply follow the steps below and set up your own fundraiser using Facebook.
- Log in: Open Facebook on your browser, phone, or tablet.
- Click on Fundraisers: From your News Feed, click on Fundraisers in the left-hand column. On your mobile device, open the app and type in Fundraisers in the search field. Click or tap on Fundraisers.
- Click Raise Money.
- Click Get Started, then Nonprofit: You will be given the choice between raising money for a Friend, Nonprofit, or Yourself. Choose Nonprofit.
- Click on Nevada Center for Civic Engagement: Or search for “Nevada Center for Civic Engagement” in the search box.
- Let’s Start with the Basics, then Click Next: Nevada Center for Civic Engagement should appear under “Who are you raising money for?” If it doesn’t, click the pencil icon to change your nonprofit organization. Input a number under “How much money do you want to raise?” We suggest you choose $200 (the default) or another amount that seems reasonable and achievable. The point is that you will be asking your friends and family to donate to a cause you believe in. You don’t want to set the amount too high or too low: $200 seems to work well. Then, indicate when the fundraiser should end. The default is two weeks. Once you’re satisfied, click Next.
- Tell Your Story, then click Next: Facebook will fill this information in for you, but we we suggest you customize the part that says “Why are you raising money?” Tell your friends why you think civic education is important. If you’re a We the People alumnus or alumna, explain how We the People or any other civic education program has made a difference in your life and why you’d like people to donate. Click Next.
- Pick a Cover Photo, then click Create: You can use the photo that comes preloaded, or you can choose your own photo. If you’re an alum, you might use a picture from when you were a student. When you’re ready, click Create. This will create your fundraiser.